Saturday, December 6, 2014

Identity Change


This fall quarter in the Humanities Core Course has truly reshaped my identity as an individual. I confess that before I did not have a mere interest for War or history. My world revolved around friends and family to discovering who I was and being successful. Now that I survived my first quarter in this course, I have evolved as a human being intellectually. This course has given me a taste of college course material, improved my writing skills, time management skills, and overall knowledge of war and how to interpret it.


In the past, I learned about several wars upon taking AP courses of history in high school. I was exposed to world history, the history of the United States, and to how our government functions and sustains itself. Although some of the content covered in class was interesting, I particularly did not show much care for it. My views were completely modified as soon as I began to expose myself to lectures and discussions of HumCore. The material shaped my intellectual mind in the sense that war is necessary when analyzing human actions in order to better understand the world. As we began reading captivating novels that dealt with various wars, I felt a change of interest. I began to have clarity and looked forward to every discussion and lecture.

 Apart from intellectual change, my writing and time management skills were put to the test. I was forced to change my procrastination habits when it came down to turning everything in on time. The papers and blog posts I had to write based on my knowledge and understandings of the course helped me to improve my writing habits. I used to previously worry for college and the obstacles I would ultimately encounter. The Humanities Core Course has allowed me to feel comfortable with writing a paper in college as well as adapting my schedules to due dates.

No comments:

Post a Comment